About Atrium Health
Delivering essential cardiac & pulmonary rehabilitation services
Welcome to Atrium Health, a not-for-profit social enterprise delivering essential cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation services for the people of Coventry.
Who we are
Atruim Health was established by front line NHS clinical staff to provide users with tailored programmes of exercise and education – with the aim of promoting a healthy, fulfilling lifestyle. We are committed to improving the wellbeing of individuals and communities through its innovative health programmes. Everyone in the organisation strives to provide the highest quality of services in the pursuit of this goal.
All funds generated by our operations are reinvested in our facilities and staff to improve the lives of those with heart, lung or associated health conditions.
How to get to Atrium Health
Atrium’s Centre for Exercise and Health is located in the heart of Coventry at Watch Close, off historic Spon Street. The two storey facility is accessed via six steps or a concrete slope complying with wheelchair accessibility guidelines. The main doors are opened automatically on pressing a communication button.
- The Centre is served by a number of bus routes with stops within 300 metres of the site.
- The nearest mainline station is Coventry, approximately 1000 meters (0.7 mile) from the Centre.
- The Ring and Ride service is used by a number of people who attend the facility. The service currently operates on Monday to Saturday from 08.00am until 23.00pm. The service is provided on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, with journeys being booked up to one day in advance.
- Disabled parking is available in Watch Close for blue badge holders.
- Coventry’s Skydome complex includes a multi-storey car park, which is located just 300m from Watch Close. This also provides disabled parking facilities. Users of the Skydome car park are entitled to concessionary car parking rates. Please ask at reception for more details.
- Additional car parking is available in Spon Street, which is subject to Coventry City Council charges.
Disabled access: Atrium Health Ltd is committed to providing full access to those with limited mobility. In addition to the wheelchair friendly ramp entrance, the Centre incorporates a number of purpose-designed disabled facilities.
- The reception desk is just 3 metres from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk has a reduced height section.
- The desk is normally staffed throughout the Centre’s opening hours.
- The lift is located close to reception, just 8 metres from the building entrance.
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- Lift controls are within easy reach of wheelchair users.
- All consultation/assessment rooms are located on the first floor, with level access from the lift.
- All rooms are less than 20 metres from the lift.